Serve at a site of civic change.
The International Civil Rights Center & Museum provides unique and engaging experiences for volunteers on a year-round basis. Additional opportunities are available during the Museum's signature events.
As a way of giving thanks, all volunteers receive these benefits:
- A complimentary one-year individual membership to the Museum (requires volunteering for a minimum of 12 hours).
- Invitations to special events for Museum members and volunteers.
- Eligibility for recognition in programs.
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Be 20 years of age or older. (College students must be in their sophomore year or higher.)
- Complete a volunteer application, including the submission of a resume.
- Pass a background check.
- Attend at least one volunteer orientation program.
*Some roles may require: lifting items in excess of 25 lbs.; standing and walking for some period of time; working outdoors in various conditions; interacting with the public; and assisting with educational programs.
**Please note that participation in volunteer activities is distinct from paid employment with the International Civil Rights Center & Museum.